Call Today:  419.508.7892


the law firm of

Appellate practice is an extension of trial practice. I handle appeals for clients whom I represented in the trial court and also when I was not counsel of record in the trial court.

I often co-counsel trial cases and work with trial counsel to ensure the effective representation of our clients in the appellate court and to ensure the record on appeal is preserved at the state and federal courts. The firm has experience in many areas of civil and criminal appeals.

Civil Appeals

I represent appellants and appellees (prosecute and defend appeals), including existing clients and those who retain me solely for an appeal.  I have handled appeals in criminal law, commercial disputes, landlord tenant disputes, civil protection orders, among others. My appellate practice covers  most areas of civil law.

Eminent Domain & Property Appeals

Condemnation is the process of taking private property through the power of eminent domain. Eminent domain is the right states and localities and the federal government has to condemn and force the sale of private property.

Constitutional Law

The United States Constitution guarantees rights that are common to all citizens. Discrimination based upon race color or creed is against our national laws and our courts protect individuals who have been victims of such practices. Also, certain statues such as the American Disabilities Act provide protection for those of us who have handicaps. Large employers must provide work duties to those who have become disable if they exist. Laws protect workers who are discriminated against because of age.

Criminal Appeals

appealing criminal cases and seeking other post-conviction relief. In some cases we may be able to get you, or your loved one, out of jail or prison during the appeal.

We may be able to:

  • Get your conviction reversed or reduced
  • Get your sentence lessened or modified
  • Get your probation terms eased
  • Get an old conviction expunged or sealed

Civil and Criminal Appeals

A jury verdict of guilty or an unlawful criminal sentence can be corrected through an appeal. A federal criminal case is not necessarily over when the defendant is convicted and sentenced; in circumstances where the trial Court made an error of law or imposed an unreasonable sentence, the case can be heard by the Court of Appeals. When a conviction or sentence is not based on adequate evidence or involves a misapplication of the law, the Court of Appeals has the authority to overturn the conviction, reduce the sentence, or send the case back to the trial court for reconsideration of the issues. Raising an appeal is an intricate process in which the assistance of an experienced attorney is crucial.